Wednesday 29 November 2017

The Season Of Goodwill...

Hello everyone!

Hope you've all had a good start to your week and can you believe how quickly November has disappeared...it's gone so fast!! Today, I'm sharing another project that I created for the Tim Holtz Holiday Inspiration Series and if you want to see all the inspiration Tim has been sharing over the last few weeks, then you can pop over to his Facebook, Instagram or blog to see everyone's wonderful projects.

For this project, I created a vignette box but instead of using it as a shadowbox, I turned it around, added two panels and made a decorated trinket box, complete with decoration full of the Christmas spirit.
So, let's get started and here's how this project came to life...

To begin,  I used the second smallest sized vignette box and covered the sides of the box, with the black and white plaid paper from the Christmas Paper Stash and adhered them with Collage Medium.

Moving onto the panels, I took the next size of panel which is slightly larger than the box and will use this for my base. I cut a panel of paper from the stash, inked the edges and then attached this to the panel again using Collage Medium and leaving a border around the outside.

I then attached my covered vignette box onto the covered panel and added some of the feet to the base. Using the Christmas Typography letters, I painted each letter with Barn Door Distress Paint before ageing them with Black Soot Distress Crayon. Finally I added a small amount of Gold Mixative Alcohol Ink, to accentuate the edges. Attach the letters to the front of the box and add two star adornments to either side of the lettering.
To complete the bottom section, I added two ring fasteners to the left and right hand sides of the box.
Moving onto the top section, I took the panel that fits the top of the box and again covered it with papers from the Christmas Paper Stash. I then added some design tape to cover the raw edge of the box and create a nice finish.
You're now ready to start building the scene and making the elements, starting with the lamp post...

For this, I used the Lamp post die and cut four pieces of chipboard. I then layered three pieces of the chipboard together but before adding the final piece, cut a small section of acetate. Ink the acetate with Red Pepper and Sunshine Yellow Alcohol ink and then attach this small piece to the lamp post, trimming away any pieces overhanging. Attach the final die cut layer to create one solid die cut. Paint the lamp post with Black Soot Distress Paint.

Once dry, dab the surface with Versamark Embossing Ink and then sprinkle black embossing powder over the top. Tap away the excess and heat emboss. To create the beautiful enamelled finish, repeat this process three more times, adding a touch of gold embossing powder into the final layer.

Add some Grit Paste around the die cut piece to emulate snow and sprinkle Rock Candy Glitter over the top. Set aside to dry.
Using the Holiday Greens die set, die cut plenty of foliage from classic kraft stash to use on the base. Add some frosting to the tips by lightly applying collage medium to the pieces and dusting with Rock Candy glitter.
For the trees, I used three woodland trees of two sizes. I applied a small amount of gesso to the tips of the trees, dried the medium and then rolled the trees in Glossy Accents. I then sprinkled Vintage Platinum Glitter Dust over the top. Paint the trunks of the trees with Walnut Stain Distress Paint and add a fluted star on the top of one tree.
Colour your Christmas Paper Dolls using Distress Marker Pens and then arrange all these pieces onto the top of your box, placing them over the top of a bed of Grit Paste, applied directly onto the covered vignette panel lid and layered with some draped cheesecloth.

To complete the scene, I added some Baubles which I coloured with Turquoise and Cranberry Alcohol Ink and added these to the arrangement.
Tim will be doing a recap of all the projects featured this week over on his blog, on Saturday, so make sure you pop by! Thanks so much for stopping by today and see you soon...love Emma x


Cheesecloth and acetate from my own stash

5 comments:

  1. My, my,my ... love the detail ! #ProductQueenstrikesyetagain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning Emma ! (as always) I love all the individual details, but also how they work so magically together - you have such an amazing creative skill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful piece Emma, wonderful details. Sorry I don't always get chance to pop by but I do visit and drool over your artwork from afar. Hugs. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fantastic design Emma...just love the details x

    TFS Annie x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for all your comments and messages, they are all appreciated and I hope you'll come back and visit again soon...
Emma ~xx

Powered By Blogger

Total Pageviews